Who are Bluestep?
Before we get down to the nitty gritty job details – let us introduce ourselves. We are Bluestep Solutions; an integrated marketing and design agency specialising in design, digital and merchandise. We’re a passionate bunch who are fiercely determined, meaning we deliver exceptional results. Our motto: Work Hard. Dream Big. Go Far.
What’s the main purpose of the job?
We need somebody that is prolific at winning. You will play a key role in acquiring new business, whilst developing client relationships.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Communicate with customers/clients face to face or over the phone.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes.
- Have an exceptional understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Offer training and development to other members of staff as required.
- Discuss and manage promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced business development manager that is at the top of their game. We are only interested in speaking to the very best. As a close-knit entrepreneurial team, our culture is very important to us. Our marketing and design agency is lively and fast-paced, so you’ll need a good sense of humour and a work ethic in line with our ambition to maintain a high standard of service.
In addition, you will need:
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience of working with large organisations.
- To be an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- To be passionate about branding and design and keen to work with global clients.
- To understand the unique requirements of working for a passionate and driven agency.
- To be able to work within a team of different people and be resilient and positive in difficult situations.
- To love what you do, we really care about the work and the people doing the work. We want somebody that feels the same way.
- Be organised, with strong attention to detail and time management skills.
This is a role within a busy agency which can be demanding, so real motivation is required to thrive. Working hours will be standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further. If you think you’ve got what it takes and have the personality to match, then get in touch with us. We’d love to meet you and see if you’re right for the job.
Please send your CV to Ben Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org